MGA Insurance Group 2022 Port Lincoln Cup
Port Lincoln, Port Lincoln
Friday, 4th March, 2022
11:00am - 11:45pm
MGA Insurance Group 2022 Port Lincoln Cup ~ Times & Run Sheet
- Courtesy Bus leaving from the Makybe Diva Statue from 10:30 am
- Gates Open: 11:00 am
- Hospitality Package Access From: 12.15 pm
- Race 1: 12.45 pm
- Enter the Fashions at the Races Comp at the Fashions Tent - fabulous prizes to be won!
- Fashion At The Races Competition Between Race 4 & Race 5 2.35 pm.
Possibly two separate heats depending on numbers
Gentlemen after Race 4, with Ladies after Race 5
- RACE 7 - THE MGA INSURANCE GROUP 2022 PORT LINCOLN CUP @ 4.30 pm
- Race 8: 5:10 pm
- All Hospitality Packages cease: 5.10 pm
- PUBLIC BARS STILL OPEN - Cash Bar & EFTPOS - Johnny N Jade in the public space until 6:00 pm
- Courtesy Bus leaving from the Northern Gate to Makybe Diva Statue after the last race: 5:10 pm
The MGA Insurance Group Port Lincoln Cup 2022
The Port Lincoln Cup is the premier feature event on the Eyre Peninsula sporting calendar!
There's nothing like LIVE action, the sound of thunder as the racehorses sprint to the finish line. The ground trembles, and the crowd roars!!
With the amazing array of colours, the racegoers dressed in their finest, the smell of freshly cut grass, and the roses in bloom on the breeze... the carnival atmosphere of picnic seating and umbrellas... the pop of champagne corks and the clink of glasses...
Nothing beats a day at the Races!
Gourmet food and wine, glamorous fashion and racing action come together on Friday, March 4th at one of South Australia's most picturesque racing destinations for the ever-popular $50,000 MGA Insurance Group 2022 Port Lincoln Cup. One of South Australia’s six provincial cup meetings, the Port Lincoln Cup is Eyre Peninsula’s feature race on the calendar.
Enjoy a fabulous afternoon of action packed racing, live music on the lawns and trackside hospitality.
Race day will feature a minimum eight race card with all the colour, glamour and action that comprises the Port Lincoln Cup, one of regional South Australia’s great feature race days that annually attracts visitors from intrastate, interstate and overseas.
Gates open: 11am
Fashions on the Field: 2pm approx
MGA Insurance Group Port Lincoln Cup: 4pm approx.
~ HOSPITALITY PACKAGES ~ ** SOLD OUT **
General Admission ONLY available - limited numbers, will SELL OUT
All bars are open, including Pop Up Beer Bar and Ready To Drink Spirit Bars, Pirate Life & Food Court enjoy the outdoors with “Live Music” on the lawns.
Tickets - Available online ONLY
- General Admission: $30pp + Booking Fee
- Concession: $20pp + Booking Fee
- Children under 18: Free (ticket required)
- Members and Owners: Free (ticket required)
A courtesy bus leaves from in front of the Makybe Diva Statue in the CBD from 10.30am until 12.30pm and will provide return transfers after the last race.
Fashions on the Field
The Fashions on the Field is hosted on cup day with fabulous prizes up for grabs. Prizes offered for Best Dressed Womenswear, Runner-Up Best Dressed, Best Millinery and Best Dressed Menswear.
Get glammed up and look out for the Fashion at the Races registration on the day ~ Are you our next winner!?
For more information contact the Port Lincoln Racing Club on (08) 8682 3851 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘The Diamond Room’ - $270 per head - SOLD OUT
The Diamond Room is our premium hospitality package and offers an exclusive and stylish space in the Function Centre is the place to be for the true race goer, with trackside viewing and the following inclusions:
Sit down dining at individual tables with table service and bar and wait staff ….. receive a mouth-watering luncheon, including local seafood, baked scotch fillet, chicken filo with camembert and seasonal delight all prepared by Port Lincoln chef, Jeremy Hartwich of Greenside Bistro - scroll to bottom of page to see menu.
• Entry to the course & race book
• A 4.5 hour Premium Beverage Package
• Private amenities
• Private tote facilities with close proximity to bookmaker
• Security personnel in attendance
• Premium trackside viewing close to the finish post
• Premium view of Fashion at the Races
• Fenced outside race viewing and relaxation area
If wishing to attend our Diamond Room please contact our office for bookings - either phone 8682 3851 or email us at email@example.com
'The Diva Pavillion' - $250 per person - SOLD OUT
- Race Day and Pavillion Entry
- Beautifully styled venue
- Live Music with Chrissy K band
- Gourmet Catering - scroll to bottom of page to see menu
- 4.5 hour Beverage Package:- Corona’s, Carlton Draught, Carlton Dry, Great Northern Crisp, Bird in Hand Sparkling, Emeri Moscato, Premium wines, Somersby Apple Cider & Somersby Low Carb Cider, Softies and Water
- Private TAB tote facilities and bookmaker within close proximity
- Odds and betting screens
- Large Screen viewing TVs
- Race Day audio
- Security personnel in attendance + Covid Marshals
- Trackside viewing
- Fenced outside race viewing and relaxation area