The paramount objective of Country Racing SA is to provide support to the Member Clubs to ensure their continuing viability. To this end, it has identified five key objectives:
- to represent the member clubs to Thoroughbred Racing SA Limited or its successors and to assist in the formulation and promulgation of industry policy;
- to promote a uniform system of conducting thoroughbred horse race meetings by member clubs;
- to recommend preferred race dates and liaise with Racing SA Limited or its successors about them;
- to receive and review the business plans and budgets of member clubs; and
- to negotiate with Racing SA Limited or its successors on the annual scheme of distribution and to recommend or decide the amounts of distribution to be paid to each member club consistent with their business plans and as approved by Racing SA Limited.
Country Racing SA is controlled by an eight-member Board of Delegates. They are as follows:
|Jeff Tansell is the current Chairman of CRSA and is elected by the Board Delegates on an annual basis to the position. He currently represents the Group Central Racing Clubs (Clare Valley, Kangaroo Island, Jamestown, Hawker, Port Augusta, Quorn, and Roxby Downs and Districts) on the Board. He is elected by the Group Central Clubs on an annual basis.
Ian Millen is the current Deputy Chairman of CRSA and is elected by the Board Delegates on an annual basis to the position. He currently represents the Gawler & Barossa Jockey Club on the Board and is elected by the Club on an annual basis.
Greg Fitzgerald represents the Group Western Racing Clubs (Ceduna, Kimba, Lock, Penong, Port Lincoln & Streaky Bay) on the Board and is elected by the Group Western Clubs on an annual basis.
John Hatch currently represents the Oakbank Racing Club on the Board and is elected by the Club on an annual basis.
Justin Kain currently represents the Group Eastern Racing Clubs (Bordertown, Millicent, Mount Gambier, Naracoorte & Penola) on the Board and is elected by the Group Eastern Clubs on an annual basis.
John Leahy currently represents the Murray Bridge Racing Club and the Mindarie-Halidon Racing Club on the Board and is elected by the Murray Bridge Racing Club on an annual basis.
Stephen Smedley currently represents the Strathalbyn Racing Club on the Board and is elected by the Club on an annual basis.
David Perrins currently represents the Balaklava Racing Club on the Board and is elected by the Club on an annual basis.
Chris Biggs is the current CEO and manages the day-to-day operations of Country Racing SA.
In 1996 The South Australian Racing Club’s Council Incorporated (SARCC) was formed from the clubs who were the members of The Provincial Racing Clubs’ Association of South Australia Inc., South Australian Country Racing Clubs’ Association Inc., and Oakbank Racing Club Inc. This occurred when the Racing Industry was corporatised to form what is now Racing S.A. Limited with 2 equal shareholders.
- Country Racing SA (CRSA), which represents the State's 24 provincial, country, and Oakbank racing clubs.
- South Australian Jockey Club (SAJC), which conducts the metropolitan races at Morphettville.
In November 2015 the members of SARCC voted to change their name to Country Racing SA Incorporated (CRSA) to align itself more with its members. Consumer and Business Services approved the name change in January 2017
The current CRSA Constitution is available for viewing online by clicking on the link below.